It’s gift-giving season, hooray! Here are some Everybody’s Invited-approved ideas to add to your shopping list this year, if you’re into it.
For the Board Game Fanatic:
- This vintage Mork & Mindy board game looks pretty amazing.
- This awesome game table would be great in any boardgamer’s living room. Rotate the table to play checkers, backgammon, tic tac toe, go, crossword, or parchisi.
- I’ve had my eye on this Giant Connect 4 game for awhile. (That particular version of the game isn’t available outside the U.K., but a slightly different version called Up 4 It is available worldwide.)
- I love these Scrabble inspired pillows spelling out PLAY.
- A low-cost but time-intensive option would be to make a custom board game. You’d be a hero!
For the Serious Foodie:
- Every cook can use an all-purpose cookbook like How to Cook Everything or The Flavor Bible.
- Make an apron. The Tip Junkie has a great round-up of free patterns.
- Or, for an even simpler DIY project, try making and bottling your own vanilla extract like Annie Get Your Glue Gun.
- A non-essential but fun small appliance. My favorites are ice cream makers, immersion blenders, waffle irons, and panini makers!
For the Globe Trotter:
- Try a subscription to National Geographic so they don’t have to read it at the doctor’s office (is it only my doctor who subscribes?)
- A custom vacation map would make a thoughtful gift for a travel buddy .
- A Travel Hacking Cartel membership would be awesome for the serious traveler who wants to rack up frequent flyer miles.
- To thoroughly inspire, try a copy of Endurance by Alfred Lansing, which details Shackleton’s adventures in Antarctica.
- And of course, any serious traveler needs some packing cubes.