Everybody loves a top ten list! Especially me. I thought I’d have a go at my own version of the year-end tradition. Here we go:
Top Ten Theme Party Ideas Inspired by This Year’s Top News Stories and Trends
- World Cup Recap: Break out the vuvuzela, serve up South African and Spanish food, and bring your psychic octopus.
- An Eyjafjallajokull Affair: Enjoy Icelandic food (yogurt, lamb, fish, blueberries), and don’t travel anywhere.
- The Social Network Social: Invite real life friends, your second cousin, people you kind of knew in middle school, and that guy you met at a party once. Provide erasable markers so people can write on your wall. Like!
- The Wikileaks Feast: Everyone shares a secret.
- Chilean Miner Fiesta: A perfect theme for those with small apartments. Enjoy Chilean ceviche and empanadas in close quarters. Don’t forget to bring your mistress!
- The Double Rainbow Gala: Rainbow food, rainbow decor, and loads of enthusiasm.
- The Tea Party Tea Party: Drink tea. Don’t make any sense.
- An “I’m With Coco” Shindig: Start promptly at 11:35. Invite your funny red headed friends and tell your big-chinned un-funny frenemies to stay home.
- A Wake for the Triceratops: Mourn the loss of your favorite dinosaur by having a theme party at your nearest Natural History Museum.
- A Royal Ball: Go full on fancy to celebrate William and Kate’s engagement. Play polo.
Any other ideas?