A couple years ago we offered our first New Year’s Resolution Challenge which helped people craft exciting resolutions based on the themes of play, surprise, and adventure. This year, we’re bringing it back, because we want 2014 to be the best year ever!
Here’s how it works:
1. MAKE SOME PLAYFUL, SURPRISING, AND ADVENTUROUS RESOLUTIONS.
To help you out, we’ve put together these guiding questions and example resolutions:
Questions to get your brain juices flowing:
- What was your favorite pastime as a child?
- When was the last time you were in a state of flow, where you were “fully immersed in a feeling of energized focus, full involvement, and success” while completing an activity?
- How can you incorporate more play into your life in 2014?
- When were you most positively surprised in your life? How did it feel?
- When have you surprised yourself by doing something you never thought you could do?
- How can you add the element of surprise in 2014?
- When did you last feel brave?
- When was the last time you were amazed?
- What will be your Big Adventure in 2014?
- I resolve to spend more time playing with the kids in my life.
- I resolve to make a game out of the least pleasant tasks in my life, like housecleaning.
- I resolve to make a livingroom fort.
- I resolve to positively surprise a stranger in 2014.
- I resolve to surprise someone at work.
- I resolve to use surprise as a tool in my personal relationships.
- I resolve to behave like a tourist in my own city or town.
- I resolve to get lost at least once in 2014.
- I resolve to take one big risk in 2014.
2. SHARE ‘EM WITH US!
It’s fun and easy! Just fill out this form.
3. WE’LL BE IN TOUCH!
Four times during the year, we’ll check in with you personally via email, to see how you’re doing, and to offer additional tips for incorporating play, surprise, and adventure into your life.
4. COLLECT YOUR TREATS!
Need an external incentive to keep your resolutions? If you stick with your resolutions for a full year, we’ll send you a related gift at the end of 2014. It’ll get you in the zone for your 2015 resolutions!
Are you up for the challenge? Start here.