We've been hosting a backyard s'more recipe contest every summer since 2012, so we know nothing brings people together quite like crisp graham crackers, silky chocolate bars, and gooey marshmallows.
Check out our book, S'more to Love: A S'moregasbord of Mouthwatering 'Mallow Innovations for loads of recipe inspiration.
If you're planning to host your own 'Mallow Melt-off (and we really think you should), check out these tips:
- Know your guests' dietary needs. Consider offering vegan and gluten-free alternatives, and alert people to any common allergens, such as nuts, dairy, or fruit.
- For an outdoor s'more fest, provide the right equipment: marshmallow roasting sticks, fire pit, chairs, and blankets.
- We also recommend baby wipes for cleaning up sticky, marshmallow-covered hands. Paper plates and knives come in handy during the preparation process. And we always set out a little trash can by our S'moregasbord ingredients table.
- Water, water, water! (Or booze, booze, booze! You choose.) The point is, your guests are going to be particularly parched while stuffing their faces with so many sweet treats. Make sure to provide plenty of beverages.
- Don't forget to implement a judging system and to provide score cards (download our free printable score cards). Trophies or prizes could add extra competitive incentive to participants. Who wouldn't want to decorate their mantle with something shiny declaring them the summertime "S'more Lorde"?